Sunday 24 February 2013

No A's for Poetry

So, I didn't post the date that this would be updated on because, I'm fairly sure I said February and the only day in February that's appropriate for an entertaining post I spent the last week working on, is... The twenty-eighth! It's such a cool day! It happens every year and it has absolutely no significant importance! But I'm sure it's somebody's birthday, anniversary, etc. So happy birthday, anniversary etc! and if you really think about it, the 28th February 2013, it'll never ever happen again :( so treasure it and every other day too! There'll never be another one the exact same.

_____________________________________

Back to the topic we're here to discuss-
An A-plus... Not a hard thing to accomplish if you put enough work into it.

Everyone has ups and downs in their daily lives that can effect them during exams, a cold, the death of a pet, being tired, thinking about *ahem*, certain people.

But when you just can't top a B- in a subject it can pull you down altogether.

This subject for me is English.

Imagine having a major exam Monday morning, but spending your whole weekend studying stupid english in an attempt to pull up your grade or soften a teacher's cold, disapproving, disappointed glares.

This is exactly how I spent my weekend- poetry for me is just something I can't do.

In fairness who really cares why the writer gave the word 'Gentle' a capital letter. It may be symbolic, but I'm never going to use this piece of information again unless I go on to teach poetry (which I won't). But for the people who do go on to lecture the brains out of innocent people, they will just be teaching more people, who will disregard the information. The only exception to this being those who appreciate good poetry and the symbolic-complicated-ness of the whole thing. This is most people other than me really.

So, to my utter astonishment after receiving and delivering an extremely interesting assignment, I got an utter astonishing surprise!

Assignment: 'Describe with detail to your senses, a beloved childhood memory.'

When the teacher handed me back my sheet of paper saying
"Congratulations, Ellie! That was absolutely incredible, I could see your baby!" He said! To which my friend replied: "why the hell did you not tell me you were a mother?! Who's is it? When did happen? Wait, how did it happen? You're only __" <-- (insert my unknown age there! Heehee).

This caused quite the number of heads to turn. If you had been there, you probably would have too, it was really loud and awkward!

Of course the man couldn't actually see my baby, I don't have one. The childhood memory I described was going to see my baby sister in the hospital when she was born, when I was four.

So now I have learned my lesson. You can't be good at all the things that spin around in the orbit of the English world.

Just one thing is enough. And I hope you, my reading friend, don't mind reading about my strange stories, maybe and hopefully you find them amusing?

Any stories of your own? Comment them! This is my third post, almost a hundred page views, but no comments:(

Do you people not want to talk about struggles with grades you have?

Oh, well, your loss! I'll just go annoy someone else! I'll see you again soon, the 6th of march, we'll say?

Come back to see what ever my brain vomits and calls a post then!

I mean, why not? ;)






No comments:

Post a Comment