Thursday 28 March 2013

Cork Holiday - Day 2

So, after an interesting and eventful day yesterday, me and my family spent a restless night tossing and turning, and throwing pillows at each other when we broke out in either fits of giggles or snores.
First thing on the agenda was breakfast which was as interesting as breakfast can be.
First fun thing on the agenda-toy factory. Yes, a toy factory.
Inside you get to make a small tin toy-I made a tin soldier. You could also make ballerinas Easter bunnies and so on. Picture at the end.
After taking a scenic detour and getting lost (Mam says she took a wrong turn on purpose, so that we could look at more scenery-my ass!), we returned to the hotel to have swim.
Typical swimming pool-a place to relax and carelessly float in a bright room, maybe even swim a few lengths and burn off that hearty breakfast.
The hotels swimming pool-a place to cautiously weave among buoyant infants and carefully avoid swallowing the gallons of water splashed into your face, maybe even sit in an area of piss that permeated one end of the pool.
Fun.
I have to give it to the hotel, the room the pool was in was impressive-biggish, warm...blue. But there was nothing to do.
Too old for the jacuzzi, too you for rubber floats, too crowded to swim, to alone to talk.
All that left me with a desire to only collapse and eat the potatoes I was served for my dinner.
I hope anyone reading this that is on holiday is having a more fun holiday than me:(:)
Actually, one interesting thing that did happen was that I went down from our room-to get a Coke-and there was a man being served beside me. He asked the bar-lady for the special. She said guinness. He repeated her, completely failing to say guinness properly. This man was american, after his drink came he apologised to the lady-i don't know why. But i thought it was cool so i said to him "i like your accent, where are you from?" Abd he said (and excuse my spelling) "Denver"! I don't know where that is, but it is one mighty fun word to say!
Hi people from denver!
Bye-bye! And the last day of my holiday is tomorrow, come back to see what happens! I mean, why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment