Sunday 17 March 2013

The Skyscraper Book Project-The beginning.

Being the weird human being I am, I felt as though my life was just something you might read on the back of a shampoo bottle: get up, go to school, come home, do homework, eat dinner, go to bed, repeat.

Having hobbies didn't help. It was only making the events above seem more emphised? If that makes sense.

You spend ten minutes on the piano, but that's just while you're waiting for it to be late enough to go to bed. You get out on your bike, but you're really waiting for dinner to be ready.

I thought about it, a lot. Seriously, a lot. I thought I might be depressed or something. I considered this a last resort kind of thing, if I couldn't find a way to make my life more interesting, I would go to someone about the depression. So I figured, if I start doing something I really like and then prioritise it and get other people involved, it might help.

In my head it has worked! Its really exciting, and you probably know what it is by the title, but yes I am starting 'The Skyscraper Book Project.'

The Skyscraper Book Project is a project which anyone under the age of twenty one can get involved with. Basically the idea is to read one thousand books before you are twenty one, before you are officially an adult.

It does seem a bit ageist now that I'm typing this. Over twenty one year olds can still be involved, read the books and all but not before they're twenty one. Duh! Set your own age goal, peeps.

The posts concerning this will be updated every time I finish a book. People are welcome to come and take the book recommendations, give book recommendations, whatever.

Where do I want this to go? When I think about how I would like this to span out, I see a small, maybe not so big group of people (I realise not so many people my age want to get so into reading), all together in a bookclub of sorts.

If this brings people like me who love books together, I'd be happy. It just sounds like a really nice thing, coming online to Blogger to see the latest things people have read, blah, blah, blah.

Even if nobody else does this, at least I'll have my 1000 books. It's a high goal, i know, but I'm determined to do it!

Also, I am aware that I wont be twenty one for a good few years, but that just makes the journey look like a better one. Work will have to be put into this.

The only rule: You cant read the same book twice and count it as two!

The amount of books is so big (thats why i called it the SKYSCRAPER book project), that it will certainly be impossible to stay within your comfort zone genre. You read quicker with a book you don't find particularly predictable, which reading in the one genre causes (being able to predict outcomes in books, I mean).

As I've already read ten books so far this year (and I'm NOT proud of that!) I'll post them up later today.

I think I've said everything now.

Plus, I googled this earlier and there is absolutely nothing like this out there, just lists of books you should read before you die/ before the end of the year/ immediatley.

Am i reading by myself, or is anyone going to conment and read too?


______________________________________


This screen image(s) has been printed and saved and i have sent it to myself. Basically as proof I started it, etc. so that nobody can copy the idea, name or ANYTHING!

No comments:

Post a Comment